Parents of African American children are disproportionately over-represented among those who are reported for child abuse and neglect, especially in urban communities.
CICC’s Effective Black Parenting program has been the preventive and interventive program, that for over four decades, has been chosen by community and government agencies to address this scandalous situation.
The vehicles for bringing this research-supported, national model program into communities are instructor training workshops to prepare service providers to deliver the Effective Black Parenting Program locally.
During the week of October 30 to November 3, 2017, such a workshop will be conducted in Chicago, Illinois. There are still a few openings in that workshop.
Here are the specifics:
1) PURPOSE: To learn how to deliver classes in the Center for the Improvement of Child Caring’s Effective Black Parenting Program.
2) WHAT YOU GET: 5 Days of Professional Training, a Complete Instructor’s Kit of materials needed to run classes, and Certification to conduct classes.
3) ENROLLMENT FEE: $1,495.00 (which includes Complete Instructor’s Kit)
4) WORKSHOP LEADER: Ida A. Collier, a National Trainer of Workshops in CICC’s Effective Black Parenting Program.
5) LOCATION: UCAN – 3605 W.Fillmore Street, Chicago, IL 60624
6) TIME COMMITMENT: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Mon.-Fri., Oct. 30 – Nov. 3, 2017
To Enroll, Click Here and be sure that you also complete the Enrollee Information Form at the bottom of that page. While enrolling, you can read reactions from parents who have just graduated from the program.
By completing this Workshop, you will be joining over 5,000 colleagues in 44 States and the District of Columbia who have been similarly trained over the last 4 decades.
CICC’s Effective Black Parenting Program has won numerous awards, including being honored for its effectiveness at the White House.
Dr. Alvy receiving congratulations from President Clinton for CICC’s Effective Black Parenting Program.
To obtain Instructional Materials for CICC’s Effective Black Parenting Program, Click here
To learn more about CICC & Dr. Alvy, Click here